Monday, June 16, 2014

Nearing 30!



Holy crap, I'm 29!  Or, as my mother has reminded me, "365 days away from being 30!"  That is a direct quote, by the way.  Oh, Nance!

Getting older doesn't bother me.  However, it does remind me how short life is and how fast the days go by (way too fast!).  It also freaks me out that I remember when my parent's turned 30.  How is this possible?!?

You learn and change so much in your 20's.  My late 20's were definitely better than the early 20's.  Why?  I think it's because you begin to find yourself and become more confident in the person you are or are becoming.  While I think that as you get older you continue to have some self-doubt, it definitely continues to diminish with each year.

There are also countless books and articles that tell you what you should have accomplished by the time you're 30.  I have checked some things off that list, but there is still so much more I want to do.  I have a number of things I want to cram into this year.

I feel incredibly lucky to have done the things I've done and be where I am at this age.  Not to mention I have an amazing husband and two incredibly active and attractive parents that make getting a little older look easy.  Fingers cross I age as gracefully.

Cheers to 29!

xx,
KMH 

P.S. - Stay tuned for this past weekend's recap tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment