Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breakfast Egg Muffins

Figuring out what to eat for breakfast is always a challenge.  I don't have time to make anything at home before I leave for work, and even if I did, I would still want to eat something when I arrived.  I eat all the time!

When I kicked off the paleo challenge back in December, I started making these delicious egg muffins.  They are super easy to make and after having two in the morning, they definitely help start the day off right.  I usually have one first thing in the morning and then one around 10:00 am.




(On a sidenote: While the paleo lifestyle didn't stick, I definitely saw the benefit and felt way less bloated than normal.)

Ingredients

6-8 eggs (depends on how many you want to make)
3 pieces of diced Canadian bacon
1/2 yellow onion
1 1/2 cups of diced cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper

Directions
*1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
*2) Saute diced tomatoes, onions, garlic and Canadian bacon until onions are translucent
*3) While everything is sauteing, crack and whisk 6-8 whole eggs
*4) Once onions are translucent, combine and stir in with eggs in a separate bowl
*5) Using a 1/4 cup, scoop egg batter into muffin tins equally (this makes anywhere from 6-10, depending on how big you make them)
*6) Cook at 425 for 6-8 minutes




Enjoy!

xx,
KMH

No comments:

Post a Comment