Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekend Recap...A Little Late!

This week has been rough.  Monday, late afternoon, I started to feel like I was getting sick.  By 7:00 pm I was in a ball on our couch whining.  It's now day 4 of being sick.  And while I'm feeling better, I'm not close to 100%.  Thank goodness we have a three day weekend.

As I prep some new posts, here's what I had prepped earlier this week about last weekend.  Clearly I felt so bad I couldn't even find the strength to hit post.

Enjoy!

**********************************************
This weekend was fantastic!  West Cost living is amazing.  It was my future sister-in-laws bachelorette weekend.  I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in San Diego with her friends, my other sister-in-law and cousin-in-law (yes, there’s such a thing as a cousin-in-law).  A great girls weekend in a warm climate?  Sign me up.

How could you be mad if you lived here?! 
I have never been to San Diego and it was gorgeous.  I highly recommend a visit if you’re in Cali.  It was overall very relaxing!  Besides drinking by the beach (#hardlife), we went to some great nightlife spots.  The first night (which was supposed to be low-key), we headed to dinner at Spike Africa and then Vin De Syrah for cocktails and dancing.  Vin De Syrah is an Alison Wonderland themed wine bar and was adorable.  They had some interesting entertainment as well. 

The ladies before dinner on the first night.
Saturday we woke up semi-early and headed to breakfast at Dee's, which was just what we needed after Vin De Syrah and then to the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island.  The weather could not have been more perfect; I could really get used to sipping cocktails Oceanside. 

Drinks at Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island.

Gorgeous hotel!  If I go back, I'll want to stay here.
For our fun dinner on Saturday, we went to Searsucker.  Awesome food!  If you’re ever in San Diego, definitely hit up Searsucker!  After introducing some of the girls to bone marrow (that was fun), we ended up in Gaslamp District for the evening.  This place was a zoo.  I had no idea there was such an intense club scene in San Diego (I sound like an old lady).  It felt like a college town, but everyone was older and had more money.  A little intense for a normal weekend, but perfect for a bachelorette.

I love that we all coordinated and didn't plan it at all.

 
Dinner at Searsucker.


The Hiatt ladies, plus the bride-to-be.

The Hiatt ladies.

The lovely bride and her adorable maid of honor.
The flight to and from San Diego is long (but totally worth it).  Flying out of JFK is even worse.  I understand that taking the AirTrain and then the subway is cheaper (and probably quicker) than a cab, but it ended up being a disaster.  I landed at 9:00 pm on Sunday and didn’t get home until 11:00 pm.  Needless to say, I was ready for bed and even more ready for this work day to be over.  Thankfully it’s going fast and I’ve been productive. (Written before I got sick.)
Have a great weekend!
XX,
KMH

No comments:

Post a Comment