Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Best Friend!

For those of you that following me on Instagram, I take an overwhelming number of pictures.  1,342 pictures to be exact.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  I love photos.  I don't understand people that don't like or take photos.  It's a great way to document your life and capture a moment.  Yes, some of my photos are ridiculous (like the ones with food), but it's still fun!

We never do Christmas presents really; I'd much rather do a nice dinner or something.  No presents necessary.  However, this year I thought it would be great to invest in a nice camera.

After Jaime did his standard research before purchasing any new product, we decided to go with the Canon PowerShot G16.


While it's not an SLR, it takes very comparable photos and is smaller in size than most SLR cameras.  Neither one of us wanted something that was annoying to lug around.  We aren't professional photographers or anything.

Here are some awesome shots we've taken with our new toy:

Beach in San Diego a couple weeks ago.  Amazing.

Enchilada-less soup.  Perfect meal during this cold weather.

New Year's Eve set-up.  Wine and cheese is my favorite!

Christmas at my parent's house.  Always a warm welcome.

Celebrating my Mom's birthday at Grand Street.

I know food photos are annoying, but it's a great shot.

Dessert at Christmas.

I am definitely excited to continue using and playing with our new camera.  I've even thought about taking a beginners photography course.  We shall see though.

What camera do you have or which is on your wish list?

xx,
KMH

No comments:

Post a Comment