Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap!

We have been gone since late Wednesday and it feels like an eternity.  Yet, it's so crazy how quickly you get back into the groove of things.

This past weekend was spent back in Nebraska/Kansas for Jaime's cousins wedding weekend.  It's the second wedding we've attended since our own (crazy we are almost to the one year mark!).  

Luckily, we arrived a day early and stayed until Sunday in order to get some time with my family as well.

Obviously the weekend kicked off with margs and espinaca dip at Cactus Grill.

Can we please take a moment and discuss why NO MEXICAN RESTAURANT IN NYC has good cheese dip?  I just don't get it.

I am pretty sure this consist of cheese and a can of Rotel.  Not that difficult!  And their chips are the best I've ever had.  Clearly I'm easy to please.

I  might have to try this recipe just to get my fix.  Whatever you do, don't look at the calories.


It's so great to get everyone together!


The ladies of the group.


Thursday, after a 6:00 am workout with my crazy father who runs to the trainer and back, we headed up to Nebraska for the rehearsal dinner and wedding on Friday.  One quick shot of my two sister-in-laws with the bride.


My adorable mother-in-law (and some crazy girl in the back).


Jaime and I have started to dress alike in our matching jean shirts.  I hear it only gets worse with age. 


Next stop, the wedding!  I had nothing to wear, so I thought.  

Luckily, the last time I was back in KC I purchased this LBD from Madewell.  It's perfect for pretty much anything.  Thank goodness I didn't have to buy anything new before we left because I didn't have time.


I can't get enough of my husband and his grandma (who is about to turn 93 this month!!).  How cute is she?!  She's pretty sassy too.


We drove back Saturday morning to make it back just in time for drinks with friends at Standees.  I miss this pretty lady!


That's pretty much it, folks!  Great weekend at home.  I eat and drink WAY too much when we're back home.  So instead of taking my normal Monday night off from working out, I headed to Barry's.  

Why?  Because during the last three days I've consumed an assortment of pizza, Nancy's homemade fried chicken, Valentino's pizza (yes, there's a delicious pizza place in Nebraska of all places) and Runza.  Gross, but totally worth it. 

Have a great week!

xx,
KMH


No comments:

Post a Comment