Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Acupuncture, really?

The weekend before our wedding last year my shoulders/back hurt so bad, to the point that I was almost in tears as I stood at the alter at my friend's wedding.  Yest it was emotional, but not THAT emotional.  :)

I carry most of my stress in my neck and shoulders (who doesn't?).  Even though I have semi-regular massages, that still doesn't do the trick.  I even pop in pretty frequently to do 10 minute chair massages.

Given that the weekend after my friend's wedding, it was our wedding (followed by a 20+ hour travel plan to our honeymoon destination) I had to take care of it and quick.

I, like a lot of people, was so skeptical about chiropractors (it freaks me out to hear the cracks in your back).  However, one of my very best friend's husbands just happens to be a chiropractor in Kansas City.

Since I obviously trust him I decided to drop by to see what he can do. My shoulder has seriously never hurt again!  I workout a lot and lift weights, so it's bound to act up again, but the adjustments he made have really helped.  

He also suggested acupuncture.  It seriously released so much pressure it was such a relief.  

Bottom line, try a chiropractor out if you're in doubt and if you're in the Kansas City area, definitely go to Active Health Solutions.  I am trying to find someone I trust here in NYC.



Now if only I had time to stop in last weekend.  :(  Ugh, my lower back is killing me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment