Thursday, September 4, 2014

End of Week Recap

Hello there! It has been almost two months since I last posted. What can I say, life has been a bit hectic lately.

Rather than picking things up next week, I thought I would provide an end of week recap. I am feeling inspired lately, I just hope I have the time to start blogging again.

****

Earlier this week, Jaime and I celebrated our two year anniversary!  I cannot believe it has been two years since our wedding. Also, this February marks our seven year dating anniversary. Where does the time go?!

Since our anniversary falls on Labor Day weekend, we were lucky enough to have a few days off to relax and celebrate.  

Neither of us had to work on Friday, so we  kicked-off the weekend early and headed to dinner on Thursday (very rare for us). It was also partially to celebrate my new job. (Additional details coming in a later post.)

We headed to Mary's Fishcamp. A restaurant so close to our apartment, it's crazy we haven't been there yet. It is a quaint little spot on our favorite street in New York. Not only was the food delicious, the service was great! It is pleasantly surprising when you find a fun neighborhood restaurant where the servers are so friendly.


Before ordering their signature lobster roll (the picture didn't turn out, sorry), we ordered fried oysters.  I don't know if it was the dipping sauce or that they were fried, but these were the best fried oysters I've had.


Friday, we decided to head to Long Branch Beach for the day. It was a little further than we typically like to go, but definitely worth it. It was a quaint little town with a great beach.

Even the train ride there had a great view!


We decided to have lunch at Avenue since it was on the beach and had great views! 


This is how I would like to kick-off every weekend. The weather could not have been more perfect.


I didn't even ask him to pose for this shot. He generally doesn't like looking at the camera anyway though.  :)


It was a perfect day to wear my Baldwin Denim KC hat.


If that wasn't enough, we knocked another restaurant off our list and headed to Carbone for our anniversary dinner. This place had a very old New York vibe. You felt as if you were in Goodfellas. Even our waiter seemed to be playing a part.


Sorry, I didn't take many shots of the food since we were stuffing our faces.  However, I did get this shot of Jaime dishing up our Ribeye. We were stuffed at this point, but loved every minute of it.

Oh, and I don't know what they do to their corn, but it was amazing!!  If you go and it's on the menu you, order it. You will not be disappointed. I could have just eaten that alone.


All in all, it was a fantastic anniversary weekend! Exactly what I needed in preparation for the crazy weeks to come.

Happy anniversary to my husband! It has been an amazing two years.


I hope everyone had a great summer!

xx,
KMH


1 comment:

  1. I did not live in New York but I have been there many times with my friends and family. In my last visit of this region before canada bus tours I visited Mary's Fish camp with my college friends. We found it very nice and interesting place. We had spent a great time there. We ate so many things like Romaine and cucumber salad with green goddess dressing, Watermelon salad with nicoise olives, soft goat cheese and mint, Deviled eggs with Faroe Island smoked salmon, Fish camp oyster po boy, Yellowfin tuna mufaletta with melted leek potato salad and Lobster Roll. All food was delicious and mouthwatering. I would love to visit it again in my future tour.

    ReplyDelete