Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday!  I’m back!  After taking quite the hiatus, I think I’m finally ready to pick things up again.  I tell you what, it’s hard producing content on a regular basis.  And with work and my personal life being so crazy lately, I haven’t had any time to write anything, edit photos or brainstorm new ideas.  Forget about it.  Even though things haven’t necessarily died down, I’m feeling the need to release some semi-creative energy.  So here we go!
This weekend my little brother was in town visiting.  He hasn't been to NY since I moved here.  Can you believe it?!  We had a fantastic time showing him around and relaxing, the perfect combination.

We started Friday off with cocktails at our place and then dinner at Otto.  Otto is always a great go to when guests are in town.  Great food and great prices, can't beat that.  Of course we stopped in Washington Square Park on our way home.


Saturday we of course needed some bagels to kick off the day (duh) and then headed to the 9/11 Memorial Museum.  If you are in NY and can purchase tickets to this memorial, go!  I will warn you , it is very overwhelming and you should expect to spend 2-4 hours there.


No trip to New York is complete without a trip to Shake Shack.  It is a must!


Saturday, we had plans to go to a new Mexican place on 6th avenue, Horchata.  However, we ended up grilling our friend's place.  Who doesn't want to spend the evening grilling?  It was delicious.  Especially the steak we marinated in honey, soy sauce, jalapenos and garlic.  Amazing.


Nice shot of me and my baby bro.


Jaime loves a good close-up.  Can you tell?  I still thought it was cute.  Not of me so much, but it is of Jaime.  I ended up having to pin my hair back because of the darn rain, hence the awesome hairdo.


For lunch on Saturday (it was really brunch but Jaime doesn't like brunch, so we'll call it lunch), we stopped by Cafe Habana before doing some shopping around Soho.  They have a restaurant you can sit-down in and then a to-go window you can quickly order from and inhale.  We went with the inhale and go option to allow us more shopping time.  Whatever you do, get the corn.



I'll end with this photo.  My brother took it while we were riding down to the 9/11 Memorial Museum.  Pretty typical of our weekend commutes.  Clearly I'm in deep conversation.


Cheers to a short week, hopefully!  We are looking forward to additional visitors this summer, along with some traveling.  Is anyone else feeling slightly overwhelmed by how busy the summer is panning out to be?  I can't believe it's already June.  Oh well, it should all be a lot of fun!

xx,
KMH

No comments:

Post a Comment