Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend Recap: Thanksgiving!

What a great holiday!  I am most certainly not ready to go back to what is bound to be a very busy week.  Between book club (we are reading Brain on Fire), a girls night, a work holiday party and friends in town, I'm going to be exhausted by Sunday!

We hosted our first Thanksgiving this year and it was a lot of fun.  I long for the day where we have a big house and a dining room that allows for us to entertain a larger number of guests.  I think we improvised well in our small place though.  

Of course we started with a cheese plate before dinner.


After a mini panic attack that the table we purchased wouldn't work, it ended up working out very well!  I am so pleased about how the everything turned out.  I ordered the runner from Etsy and the chargers from Pier 1.


Fresh flowers are always a great idea and a must when putting a table together. 


Thanksgiving is the only time of year that I don't feel terrible about piling endless amounts of food on my plate. I definitely went to a hardcore workout on Friday after this feast.


Clearly the food was good...everyone cleaned their plates.


After at least 2 consecutive days of eating like food didn't have calories, I took a break and decorated for Christmas.  Even though we aren't home for too long before heading back to KC, I still love how homey it makes our place feel.


It doesn't appear that the eating and drinking marathon for the holidays will be letting up anytime soon.  Fitting in healthy lunches and dinners and working out 4-5 times a week is going to need to be a must.  

I hope everyone has a great week!

xx,
KMH

No comments:

Post a Comment