Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday, everyone!  The only thing making this Monday a happy one is that it's a 3 day (well, technically 2 1/2 day) week for us!  We are headed back to KC on Wednesday for another Hiatt wedding.

It was a perfect summer weekend.  The highlight, of course, was that the guest post I did for The Lean Green Bean went live!  If you didn't know, The Lean Green Bean is an AWESOME blog.  Lindsay focuses a lot on a healthy lifestyle and fitness related posts.  Not to mention she has some amazing recipes.  Here's the link in case you missed it!

I took a few photos to be featured on Saturday but sent them over a little too late to get them posted.  Lucky for you, here they are!


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have NO IDEA how professional bloggers do it.  I would seriously have to have a photographer on staff to get the photos I like.  Although, my husband does do a pretty nice job.  He has a lot of patience.  ;)

Saturday was quite a busy day!  It started with a book club brunch that was amazing.  Amazing because of the food, not because of the book (which I didn't finish, unfortunately).

The host made an amazing strata that I will definitely be trying soon.  Of course, no one else wants to host following this spread.


In between brunch and a BBQ, I headed to the salon for a fresh haircut.  My hair feels stringy when it gets too long.  It feels a lot thicker at this length.


Ugh, I miss grilling!  This was our amazing rooftop spread on our friend's roof.


Thank goodness there was a makeshift table already up there.


And obviously this face was the best guest.


Hopefully this week moves as fast as I think it will.  The only downside, there is a lot of work to do between now and Wednesday.

Cheers to a short week!

xx,
KMH

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I saw your post on Lindsay's blog and came over to see what your blog is all about. And that is one adorable dog.

    ReplyDelete