Friday, July 12, 2013

Health and Fitness Friday!

Happy Friday!  What a long week.  Given that we haven't worked a full week in a while, it was rough getting back in the groove of things.

This week's health and fitness post is to serve as a reminder to all women to get their yearly mammogram.  

I might be a bit of a hypochondriac, but I don't understand why people don't act proactively and schedule their yearly check-ups.  My Grandma was a breast cancer survivor and actually found her lump herself and it was screened in her yearly mammogram.

Having breast cancer in a our family means as I near 30 I'm going to be scheduling a baseline exam for myself.  My mom has had too many scares for me not to; thankfully she has been fine. 

I will say that after seeing how strong my Grandma was throughout her battle, it definitely makes me fearless.

Just get checked.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I hope it's not too hot here.  Is it Fall yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment