I love cheese! It's no secret. Sure, it's fattening, but it's so good. What makes it even better? Cheese with bread! Or cheese with meat!
One of the many random wedding presents we received (yes, I registered for it) was a fondue pot. So why not have a fondue party in the middle of the week with the girls?!
I failed to take a photo of the fondue I made, but here's the recipe (courtesy of Murray's Cheese):
1 cup Lager
1/2 lb Gruyere, shredded
1/2 lb Emmenthaler, shredded
1/4 lb Challerhocker, shredded
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsps Piri Piri (I didn't know what this was either, it's basically hot sauce)
1 tbsp garlic clove
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper
1) Saute garlic in your fondue pot on the stove for two minutes
2) Add the lager and lemon juice and bring to a simmer
3) In a large bowl combine all cheeses + cornstarch and toss until all cornstarch has evening coated the cheese
4) Add cheese (slowly) to the liquid in the pot over low heat
5) Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until all cheese has fully melted and fondue has a smooth consistency
6) Add Piri Piri - season to taste with salt and pepper
I served this with a baguette, chorizo and apples. Delicious!