Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kitchen Essentials

Kitchen Essentials

Kitchen Essentials by kmanoun on Polyvore

We all have our must haves in the kitchen.  Given how much time I spend cooking,  I thought you all might want to see some of my favorite items.

Here are a few of my favorite things to use:

** Chopper - I hate chopping peppers, onions, carrots, celery, etc. in to little tiny pieces.  this little item speeds this process up.
** Great Cutting Board - I have one that I use all the time.  It's the perfect size and is easy to clean.  This is probably the item I use the most.
** Pyrex Measuring Cup - This item is very versatile.  While I think it's only to be used for liquid, I use it for pretty much everything.
** Crate and Barrel Bowls - I received these bowls (the green ones to be exact) for my bridal shower.  I LOVE them and use them all the time.  I also like that I can leave them out; they're cute.
** Cast Iron skillet - Seasoning these is a task, but they are great for cooking meat and frying chicken.
** Wooden Utensils - We go through a lot of wooden utensils.  I like to replace them quite frequently.

One thing not listed is a great set of knives.  I figured that was just a must though.  It drives me nuts to have a dull knife.

What do you use most often?  What can't you live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment